During directed study I thought a little more about task two and looked at a few plays that I could read for, I found:
- Bunny (By Jack Thorne published- 2010)
- Blink (By Phil Porter who also wrote “Stealing Sweets and Punching People” published- 2012)
- Precious Little Talent & Hot Mess (By Ella Hickson published- 2011)
- An Intervention (By Mark Bartlett published- 2014)
I also did some research on Holloway Jones; I found out:
- Holloway wants to become a BMX rider.
- Her mother is in prison .
- They are in the visitors center.
- On the script it doesn’t say if they are alone or not.
During the next session we had the boys direct the girls in Holloway Jones. I was cast as the daughter and I noticed during the scene we never moved so I felt like I had to move with my arms allot. I kept looking to Ryan and Karolis for advice and approval during the performance.
After we had Erica and we discussed our commission and an idea that had come up in our lesson to do a improv piece. I liked the idea however improv isn’t my strong point and I would feel a bit under pressure, if we go forward with the idea I will focus on improv skills.