During Lynns session she talked to us about how we should do our presentations and we had a group discussion on how what we need to remember when presenting with or without slide shows.
Presenting with a power point.
- People can’t read and listen
- Don’t put too much on one slide
- Stop talking when you turn around
- Don’t turn your back
- Wait, stop talking, change screen, carry on
- Know what you are saying
- Bring up flash cards (if necessary)
- Never talk over laughter
- Have the links to your YouTube videos on the power point
- Don’t play videos for too long
- Only put bullet points up
We were then asked to do a presentation on a historical play to the HLF (Heritage Lottery Fund) and I was put with Eren and Thalia and we separated the tasks once we had the idea to do a WW2 based play with real accounts from people. I was put in a group with Eren and Thalia and my job was to talk about finance.
These are my notes:
– too schools
– Transportation of set etc
– Donated a van from the local ha
- Recording equipment
- Food and lodging
- Access into documents
– Diarys/ letters
- Costume & set
– period time clothing
- Tech team
- We want to be able to give an accurate representation of the time and the people
- Done research and surveys out to several local schools
– interest and demand for this type of theatre
- previously been back for out last project on the Tudors to great success
– and know we can be successful with this scheme
The feedback I got was mainly fidgeting with hair clothes etc and this is a real issue because I get really panicky when I do a presentation which makes me fidget.