We started with feedback from yesterdays dress run:
- Don’t be too fixed on one spot.
- Work on where you need to breathe so you can either hold a note or you don’t have left over breath left to use.
- Try and control the twitch in my hands at the beginning.
- Remove my earrings (visible in picture below).
- Don’t wander out of the light.
- Keep fighting Karolis.
- Don’t lose the line “millions of woman have”.
For the rest of the day we did another dress run and it went really well, again I tried to tell a story with Martha’s Harbour but I’m still finding it difficult as I am focusing on where I am breathing but I feel as if I am improving. For “Dolls House” me and Karolis have cut the line and I really worked on what I was saying and how, before however me and Karolis did a line run and while we were I was walking back and forth between the mirror and my belongings as I was trying to make my hair into a neat bun and I felt as if it worked better and more naturally that way as I was busy and I feel that that was a key part of Nora that was missing, I didn’t realise how busy she would of been as a mother and her managing the house which really was the final push in how Nora really felt.
After we got some more notes ready for the show:
- Tell the story more with your face and eyes.
- Don’t drag the pauses too much.
- Speak up but keep the intensity of the remark.
The actual performance went amazingly well I didn’t freeze for a very brief moment on Martha’s Harbour and lose my pitching but besides that it all went well, I was calm and I feel as if I was better on the night than the dress rehearsals.